Thursday, 19 May 2011
how to start to find cheap holidays
Well let me start by giving you information that I have gathered over many years and have saved many people a lot of money, especially me.
Firstly by saying don’t be afraid to book your own flights, hotels and everything that’s needed for a brilliant holiday , I know it sounds very scary but follow exactly what I say and you too will be having holidays you could only dream of.
So think of where you want to travel and firstly you need a flight, well I know what you’re thinking but Ryan air or easy jet is your best bet and cheap is good. I have travelled with both companies many times and had the best holidays, it is just a way of getting from A to B so we go on ryanair.com and we find a cheap flight now when I say cheap I mean go on every day around the dates that you want to travel because if ten flights are 27.99 some will be free taxes some will be free delay/cancel levy so a flight 21.99 could be cheaper than a flight 11.99 as the cheaper flight may have all other bits added so you must use your time and keep looking to find the very best prices.
Then decide if you want to be first on the plane, this means priority boarding but remember this will add £8 on your flight, both ways though
Then baggage do you want to take a case some people I have travelled with just use their hand luggage allowance as you can take 10gk free and goes straight in the cabin with you when boarding your flight if you want an extra 15gk it will cost you £40 so that’s up to the individual but I always take a lot of luggage, but it does cost you.
Remember most airlines do airport parking, transfers, and hotels, so to start with just look around and see how it goes you don’t have to book anything just look and see how you feel you will wonder why you have never done it before. As long as you don’t put any credit card details through you can not be charged for anything so just keep looking and see what you find.
Then you can venture off to other sites I will cover everything you could ever want to know.
So now we have looked at flights we need a hotel well that’s the easy bit visit all different hotel sights as they will all be a different price every time so one time you may book with holiday nights for example but next time you may book through holiday rooms they change all the time and if I am not familiar with a hotel I ring a travel free phone number and see where their holiday is staying and get all my information from them and then go direct and book it myself cutting out the middle man. Crafty but they shouldn’t charge so much and we would all go to them.
I have never found it a good idea to read other peoples reviews as I have read some terrible ones and I have loved it so again it’s the individuals.
Some of the sites that I use are Ryan air, easy jet, hays travel, fleet way travel, Portland, Thomas cook, Thompson, 2bookaholiday.com, and travelsupermarket.com. I usually ring telexed holidays for information because they are extremely helpful.
How to book hotels, I use , alpharooms.com , holiday nights, holiday rooms and they are very good.
And will give you information when booking of the area and what is local and near the hotel but that will be available on the internet when looking for the hotel look at many sites to give you an idea of how far from restaurants and beaches and shops and anything you may wish to know how many pools bar times etc.
Look at as many sites as you can, it can take me weeks sometimes to get the perfect holiday and yet another time it just all fits into place and everything is just there ready to book at the price I want to pay. But be patient, because it can get a little stressful but just keep reminding you its saving money so two holidays instead of one.
I saw some flights on Ryan air a few minutes ago at £11.99 with online check in at £6 with free delay/cancel levy and free taxes/fees from London Stan stead to Majorca one of the Balearic islands I have been to many parts of Majorca and have had some very cheap holidays so am looking for myself at the moment, it was for flying out on the 5th June and flying back on 15th June and the beauty is you choose where you want to go from, what airport, and for how long you want to travel, its sometimes for only a few days but it is warm and very enjoyed.
Now let’s talk about hotels and what you want from your holiday! Do you want to eat and drink and not spend a penny while you’re away if so you definitely want to go all inclusive (A/I) If you want to choose what you eat then your best bet is room only (R/O)
now if you want breakfast because you will be out all day then choose bed & breakfast (B&B) half board (H/B) is breakfast and evening meal and full board (F/B) is breakfast dinner and evening meal so there is a lot of options to choose from and of cause your budget if you have little money its often easier to do your own shopping but if with friends A/I is usually the best option as drinks are quite expensive and you can end up spending more than planned.
Get to know your destination airports as most places have many airports and you don’t want to end up landing at a different airport to where your staying but don’t freak out its very easy and I will talk you through it all in time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment