BOOKING A FLIGHT
I am now going to show you how to book a flight from start to finish. And show all options like I spoke briefly about earlier, let’s say we want a flight from London stansted flying to alicante in Spain, and I want to fly out on the 7th June and return on 15th June. Well we will start by going to one of the budget airlines. I will use http://www.ryanair.com/ in this example. In the search box enter your departure airport I have chosen London stansted going to alicante (ALC) then it will ask what dates and also a box to tick if your travel dates are flexible , I always tick this as I book my flights from the prices not always the dates.
Then it will ask number of passengers, so far very easy!
Then you must tick the box which says have read and accept the terms of use of the ryanair website as if you don’t you can not go any further.
Then several boxes will appear with dates and prices, this is where the price of your flight will be, also showing online check-in, delay/cancel levy, taxes/fees. Then the total at the bottom, but remember to look at the times of flights as the cheaper flights are usually very early in the morning, or later at night.
So today 21st may the flight for the 7th June is £11.99 plus £6.00 online check-in with free delay/cancel levy and free taxes/fees so the total so far is just £17.99 say you want priority boarding then that will cost you another £4.00 each way and on top of your free hand luggage allowance you can now use the drop down bar and book yourself 15kg of luggage but remember this is at a extra cost of £40 still all in you have now got yourself a complete flight for just £88.98 and that is everything so don’t worry about a thing your flight is now booked.
When filling out your card details there is a small fee but less if you use a debit card instead of a credit card.
Ryanair have more flights from stansted but they do fly from many more airports, and all are of similar price.
Now to remind you of looking at the prices of flights, as I mentioned earlier it isn’t always the cheapest flight that works out to be the cheapest in total as some will have free taxes, but some of the cheaper flights will have taxes to add so do search through many before booking your flights . I hope it makes sense but after searching for flights for a while it will all fit into place I am sure.
No comments:
Post a Comment